How do I make an appointment?
Call us at 713-695-4013.
Can I get a same day appointment?
- We’ll do our best to work you into the schedule that day. There are appointments available each day for same day appointments.
- Call early. The call center opens at 7:30 in the morning.
How much will it cost?
Services at Vecino’s Airline Children’s Clinic are not free, but our fees are affordable for all. Our goal is to help you get and use the coverage available to you, depending on your situation.
- Medicaid, CHIP, and private insurance plans are accepted.
- A family assistance, sliding fee scale discount is available for cash patients. Ask our representatives when making your appointment.
What if I don't have health insurance?
- If your child doesn’t have Medicaid, CHIP , Medicare, or other insurance, we’ll help you find out if you qualify.
- If you qualify, we can help you with the enrollment process.
- If your child does not qualify for Medicaid, we will process an application for our sliding fee scale discount program.
- Depending on the monthly or annual income, a typical office visit could range from $20-$55.
How do I know what my insurance will cover?
We’ll find out for you!
We will ask that you provide insurance information when you schedule your appointment so that we can verify your insurance and type of coverage (e.g., vaccines, lab work, etc.) prior to your appointment.
What happens at the first appointment?
At the first appointment, you’ll need to provide the following documentation :
- Photo ID of parent or legal guardian
- Your child’s insurance card, if he or she has one
- Your child’s immunization records if he or she has them
Also, there’s some paper work for new patients that you’ll need to complete.
You can print and fill out the new patient forms ahead of time, if you wish. Click on your prefered language below to download.
Why should I take my children to the doctor if they're not sick?
Regular check-ups with a pediatrician will help ensure that children are healthy in all respects, including growth and development (both mental and physical).
What if I need to cancel an appointment?
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call us at 713-695-4013 and cancel 24 hours in advance so we can give your appointment time to another patient.
My child's teeth look fine. Why do I need to take him to the dentist?
The most important reason to see the dentist early and regularly is to be sure that your child does not have problems with tooth growth and development that could negatively affect the formation of permanent teeth. In addition, a trip to the dentist can help prevent cavities.
Untreated tooth decay can cause pain and infection and can negatively affect permanent teeth.
What happens at a well child check up?
You can discuss any questions or concerns you may have about your children’s health with the doctor.
Children are examined from head to toe at each check up to make sure their bodies are healthy.
Check-ups are also an opportunity for vaccines to be given and to have any necessary blood work checked (like checking for anemia and lead poisoning).
Medical and Counseling
8 am to 8 pm
8 am to 5 pm
Thursday & Friday
8 am to 5 pm
Emergency - Call 911
If you have a question, please call us at 713-695-4013. If you prefer, you can submit your question through the form below. Be sure to provide your email address and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.